Know What Is PF Balance and How to Check PF Balance? Full Details
What Is PF balance?
Provident Fund (PF) or Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a popular scheme run by the Government of India, which acts as a support for the people working in government and non-government organizations after their retirement. Under this scheme, employees contribute about 12% of their Basic Salary and Dearness Allowance to EPF on a monthly basis. Whereas an equal amount is contributed by the employer.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has reduced the interest rate on provident fund deposits to 8.5% for the financial year 2021-22. Till now people had to wait till the end of the year to know the balance of their PF account, but now you can check PF balance very easily. How to check PF balance? Along with giving information about this, we are giving you information about logging in to EPF passbook online.
How to Check PF Balance?
The PF of many people working in government or non-government sectors is deducted every month. In such a situation, every employee wants to get information, what is the status of his PF account. There are several ways in which Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) members can transfer their PF account amount through SMS, logging on to the official website, missed call and UMANG app ( You can get information with the help of UMANG App. However, to check the Provident Fund, the employee has to keep his UAN number active.
How to Check PF Balance Check by SMS?
- For this, you have to send a message by writing EPFOHO UAN to 7738299899 from your registered mobile number linked to your UAN number.
- After sending the SMS, a message will come from the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). In which the information about the total balance of your PF account will be written along with the information about when the last money was deposited in your account.
- If you want to receive messages in any other language, then after EPFOHO UAN, you have to send the message by writing the first three letters of your language together. (For example EPFOHO UAN HIN has to be sent to 7738299899)
How to Check PF Balance Check by Missed Call?
- For provident fund account details through missed call you have to make a missed call on +911122901406 from your registered mobile number.
- You will get the PF account balance information through SMS immediately after making a missed call.
- How to Check PF Balance Check with UMANG App (How to Check PF Balance By UMANG App)
- First of all, you have to install UMANG app on your smartphone after downloading it from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Now after selecting you EPFO, go to ‘Employee Centric Services’.
- After this, after clicking on View Passbook, enter your UAN No.
- Now you have to click on Get OTP option.
- Now OTP will come on your registered mobile number, which you will be logged in to UAN as soon as you enter it in the OTP box.
- Now on another page you will be shown the UN number and your PF number.
- You can get your provident fund account information by clicking on this PF number.
How to Check PF Balance By EPF Portal?
- To check balance on EPFO portal, visit EPF portal www.epfindia.gov.in.
- On the home page, under ‘Our Services’, click on the option ‘For Employess’.
- Now you have to click on the option of Members Passbook.
- After this you have to enter your Username and Password.
- After logging in, you will see the Member ID on the screen, you have to click on this option.
Now passbook will be shown in front of you.
How to Login & Download EPF Passbook Online?
All employees of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization can download their provident fund account passbook online by logging in. However, to get the benefit of this facility, you have to visit the official website of EPF. The process to download and print e-passbook from EPF portal is as follows –
- To download your PF account passbook through EPFO website, you have to first click on https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp.
- When the home page is opened, you will have to enter your UAN number and password and click on Log In.
- Now some information related to your UAN number will be shown. Here you have to go to Select Member ID To View Passbook and click on EPF Member ID.
- Now in the next page the passbook will be shown in front of you in PDF format.
- From here you can also print it as per your wish.
To view or print your provident fund passbook, it is necessary that your UAN should be activated by the institution. If your UAN number is active, then employees can login to it with the password to get the balance information of their passbook. The facility of viewing passbook is not available to such companies or institutions which are exempted under the EPF scheme 1952.
Thereafter if any employee tries to log in with his/her User ID and Password, they will be asked to passbook not available to this member-ID age in attended to the examination of establishment (Trusts). The message of Requested To Contact Your Employer will be shown. This message means that the passbook of this member-id is not available, as it is associated with the exempted institution. So you should contact your employer.