Know About What is OTT Platform and List of popular OTT apps in India?
In today’s new era, the use of internet has increased a lot. In today’s new era, every person has started using the internet more and more, be it any online work or any kind of entertainment, you can sit at home or anywhere with the help of internet. can easily do Even now every person likes to watch TV shows without any break (ADD FREE), these television shows have now been replaced by webseries, for which OTT Platform has been created, this OTT platform gives us many types of webseries. And also provide serials, which we can easily watch anywhere without any advertisement. The OTT platform is a very old platform but it has just come into the limelight in India.
Due to Corona virus, when people stopped going out of the house and theaters were also closed, then the trend of these webseries increased very fast. Due to which many Bollywood films were also released on this platform, which everyone easily watched without going out and sitting at home with the help of internet. This OTT platform has played a huge role in helping people stay at home and entertained due to this pandemic. If you also want to know about OTT platform like what is OTT platform, full form of OTT etc. then read this post till the end.
What is OTT Platform?
OTT platform is an online platform that provides us online content such as audio, video streaming through direct internet. OTT platforms are in the form of apps or online streaming services, which are easily available on Google Play Store, Apple App Store and Candle Fire. Each company has its own separate OTT platform in which it shows the content put on its platform. Before watching the content present in any OTT platform, you have to subscribe to that OTT platform. Each platform has its own different content and each has its own separate subscription. This means that if you have subscribed to one of your platforms, then only you can see the content of that, you will not see any content of any other platform in it. The OTT platform was first started in America. And now it has made its place in India to a great extent.
What is the full form of OTT?
OTT is called “Over-the-Top” platform. It is an online platform of the Internet that provides content directly to the people without any cable or broadcast provider with the help of Internet.
List of popular OTT apps in India:
In view of the increasing craze of OTT in India, now many companies in India are bringing their OTT platform. Some of these are as follows:-
- Netflix: This is an American company that has never got as much enthusiasm in India as it is getting now. Now Netflix is adding its customers very fast in India, for which it has partnered with many mobile companies.
- Amazon Prime: This OTT platform has been launched by well-known company Amazon. Some of its special web series like Mirzapur etc. have become very popular in India. Amazon Prime has a good market share in India and it is also growing very fast.
- Zee 5 : This OTT Platform has been launched by Zee Media Company. In Zee 5, along with web series, you get to see many features in which live TV, serials are also seen in very good quality.
- Disney – Hotstar: Earlier the name of this application used to be Hotstar but a company like Disney partnered with Hotstar company in view of the Indian market and launched its OTT platform in India, in which you will get movies, web series, documentaries as well as Other features which also have Live TV.
- SonyLIV: This is a good OTT platform launched by Sony Media Company, in which you must have seen a series like scam 1992. This platform is also known for its good content.
- Voot: This OTT platform is known for its tremendous series like Asur. Voot platform is also known in India for its content and popular web series. However, there are not many customers of Voot app in India right now.
Top OTT Apps 2022:
- Voot: Voot is an Indian OTT platform, this platform mostly shows the highlights of the serials of Colors. This is a video on demand platform Viacom is one of the 18 major media networks in India. Voot offers its customers a pool of 45,000 hours. Which includes Rang (Hindi), MTV, Nicklodean, Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and MTV Indies.
- This platform comes under the category of a lot of drama comedy spoofs etc. Till now this platform has around 302 million active users who are streaming on this platform for an average of 50 minutes per day.
- ALT Balaji: This is also a famous platform of India, which remains in discussion due to its adult web series. This is Ekta Kapoor’s home video streaming platform. It is an ad-free video streaming platform. It offers around 32 original shows in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil and Gujarati languages. The subscription to this platform is priced at Rs.300 per year.
- Big Flix: This is a movie streaming service based by Reliance Entertainment. After one month of free service available, it charges Rs 50 per month from its customer. On taking subscription, the user can use on five devices simultaneously. It provides HD quality.
- Amazon Prime Video: Amazon Prime Video is known as a very popular and popular OTT platform. Amazon directs content in Hindi and regional languages along with English-centric content. India is one of those 16 countries whose number of members is increasing rapidly on this platform. People of India spend about 93% of their time on this online video streaming OTT platform. The subscription price of Amazon Prime Video is Rs.999 per year.
- VU: Hong Kong based PCCW Media Company has launched VU in India under the name VU Clip. It has been a video-on-demand platform since its inception. It installs charges after one month free trial to watch ad-free video streams. It also gives you access to a free version with thousands of hours of content. It has a repository of more than 17,000 hours of Indian films in 10,000 languages.
- Sony LIV: Sony Liv was launched in the year 2013. It was developed by Multi-Screen. Currently it is a mix of free and premium content but it has a premium subscription of Rs.99 per month in partnership with SPI International to showcase seven more international TV channels. It provides exclusive permission to watch current shows as well as past episodes and movies.
- Eros Now: Eros Now is an international arm launched in the year 2015. It is also working on producing original content Bollywood films and library content as well as making the first digital films. It has a stock of 80 million users on the domestic platform.
- Zee 5 ( ZEE5 ): Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) has launched its own OTT platform named ZEE5. It provides Indian and International content of Live TV, Movies, TV Shows, Music in 12 languages. Apart from this, it offers 100,000 hours of content with over 500 TV shows in 8,000 Indian languages like Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Bhojpuri, Gujarati and Punjabi. Its monthly membership fee is Rs.99 and annual fee is Rs.999.
- Hotstar: It is a video-on-demand platform of Star Network which was launched in the year 2015. It is the only platform that provides all the best TV Shows, Movies and Live Khelo programs of the world on a single platform. In addition, it provides content sharing services with three of the top global studios, namely HBO, Fox and Disney. Hotstar is the world’s largest and most diverse content platform with over 100,000 hours of exclusive content in nearly 8 languages and coverage of Cricket, Football, Kabaddi, Tennis, F1, Badminton and the world’s biggest sporting events. Hotstar offers 2 types of subscription in India, first Hotstar Premium Unlimited Ad – Free Access which costs Rs 999 per year and Rs 299 per month and second Hotstar VIP which costs 365 per year it provides Ad – Free Limited Content.
- Netflix: Netflix is the biggest name in the world of OTT platform. This is an American video streaming company. Netflix in India has been the most successful catcher of Bollywood titles, notable Hindi movies, memorable classics and regional cinema (Tamil, Gujarati, Punjabi and Marathi). Netflix has a huge programming library, most of which are content for the Indian audience. It is still a little behind in local language content, but for those people who like to watch English TV or movies, this platform holds a lot of importance. The cheapest subscription fee for Netflix in India is Rs 199 per month. Whereas for 4 devices it is Rs 799 and for 2 devices it is Rs 649 per month.
Types of Services in OTT Platform: We are provided with three types of services in OTT platform which are as follows :-
- Transactional Video on Demand (TVOD): This facility is provided to the customer in this TVOD service of the platform, in which the customer can watch any of his favorite TV show or movie only once, or he can also watch or buy it on rent like :- Apple iTunes etc. |
- Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD): In this, the customer has to subscribe to that platform to watch video streaming content. In exchange for this subscription, you have to pay the amount recognized by that platform. Along with Netflix, Amazon Prime, there are some other platforms in which the customer gets to watch the original content.
- Advertising Video On Demand: In such OTT services, the customer gets to watch the content for free, but in such content there are also ADS (advertisements) which come in between while watching the content, it can be any kind of video aids.
List of Services by OTT to Customers in OTT Platform:
- Where people need a cable TV connection or DTH connection to watch their favorite programs, TV shows or movies, they can now watch their favorite shows whenever they want using only internet.
- Whatever web series, documentaries or whatever content the customers see here, it is all original which cannot be seen on any other platform.
- Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are some of the OTT platforms that put their own content series in it.
- Through these OTT platforms, people have got this facility that they can watch the content according to their choice whenever they want using their OTT platform.
- Now such smart TVs have come in the market, in which you can easily watch those shows in your smart TV by connecting OTT platform.
- Its most important thing is that people do not have to wait in this, they can watch the content present in OTT whenever they want.
- Indian cinema industry has also started releasing many of its films on this OTT platforms.