On a research done by scientists of Northwestern University of America, it has come to the fore that all the continents will be connected with each other in the future and become one. Scientists have also named this continent as “Pangaea Proxima”. If this happens, people will be able to come and go on foot from America to Australia, or people will be able to come from Patagonia in South America to Scandinavia in Europe.

The reason behind this is being told that the rocks inside the earth are constantly shifting, due to which the continents and the sea are also moving, so it is estimated that after 25,000,000 years the continents will become one.

What is a Continent?

The upper surface of our earth is divided into two parts, water and land. You are well aware that about 71 percent of the surface is covered by water and the remaining 29 percent of the surface is covered by land.
The land part of the earth is divided into big and small islands, and out of these, the largest island is called a continent. The continent is a very large area on the earth, whose border can be clearly attested.

As another explanation of continent, it can be said that the unit which surrounds the landmass of the earth is called continent. Among all the continents, the continent of Asia is considered to be the largest and Australia is the smallest.

Q. 1 – How many continents are there in the world?

Ans: There are total 7 continents in the world.

Q. 2 – What is the name of the seven continents?

Ans. The names of the seven continents are as follows.

1- Asia:

The largest and most populous continent of the earth is the continent of Asia. Let us tell you that about 30% of the Earth’s part is surrounded by the continent of Asia and about 60 percent of the world’s population resides in this continent. The continent of Asia is home to the most populous countries like China and India, as well as the Himalayan ranges are located in the continent which is considered to be the highest mountain in the world.

2- Africa:

After the continent, the continent of Africa comes in number. Let us tell you that different types of tribal castes and tribes live in the continent of Africa and the atmosphere here remains very hot. The world’s largest desert, the Sahara Desert, comes in the continent of Africa itself, although this area is considered backward, because not much development has been done here yet.

3- North America:

North America is the third largest continent in the world. The total area of ​​North America is 2,42,55,000 square kilometers and it consists of 26 countries. This continent was discovered by Columbus in the year 1492. Lake Superior is also present in this continent, which is considered to be the largest fresh water lake in the world. A powerful country like America also comes in this continent.

4- South America:

South America is considered the fourth largest continent in the world and has a total area of ​​1,77,98,500 square kilometres. There are a total of 15 countries in this continent. Let us tell you that Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest lake, is present in this continent, whose height is 3811 meters. The largest city on this continent is considered to be Rio de Janeiro which is present in Brazil.

5- Antarctica:

It is the fifth largest continent in the world, where the climate is cold. About 98% of this continent is covered with ice. There is very little or no human habitation in this continent.

6- Europe:

Total 46 countries come under this continent. In this continent comes a magnificent city like London, which is situated on the banks of the river Thames. Along with this, countries like Switzerland, Italy, France, Ukraine, Finland, Netherlands come in this continent.

7- Australia:

It is considered to be the smallest continent which is famous for its beauty. Total 22 countries come inside this continent, which is 5.7% of the total land area of ​​the earth.

Author: Official Website:- www.employmentnewser.com